Friday, February 20, 2009

Sopranos A&E

The last 8 or so years have been rough. My family watched the Sopranos every Sunday night and repeats on HBO throughout the week. The program has so many great Italian-American and East Coast references, yet the swearing, violence, and nudity is too much. It’s too bad. It would have been a great bonding piece with the family. As the youngest of 5, I’m used to missing out on all the fun!

Well, now the Sopranos are edited and watchable for my dainty eyes and ears on A&E channel—“I’m back, BABY!” I may be a decade behind, but at least I now know all the inside jokes.

One of my favorite quotes so far is Rosalie Aprile telling Adriana (who sold herself out to the feds) the reason why Sal "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero’s wife is no longer welcome to lady’s functions. S he explains, how even Judas didn’t act like Pussy when he betrayed Jesus"At least Judas didn't go into any 'Apostle protection' program -- he hung himself, he knew what he did."

Thanks A&E for great editing, and thanks Sharon Angela for a good belly laugh!

No comments: