Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ron Paul Raises $5 Million for Bid

Texas “Republican” presidential-hopeful Ron Paul raised a whopping $5 Million bucks this quarter. He is boosting up his staff from 10 to 40 people (you go boy!). He is almost matching what McCain is doing. McCain is fizzling while Paul is whizzling (please don’t challenge me by looking up the word whizzle in the dictionary—trust me, it’s worth 31 points in Scrabble). Despite the green rolling in, Paul is barely showing a blip in the polls and with name recognition. The frontrunners are still rolling in the dough and running in front. The charismatic Arkansas Gov. Huckabee was expected to have the greatest surge in cash, but that’s not the case.

How do I feel about all this? Not sure. I’m glad McCain is fizzling. The Senator has rubbed me the wrong way too, too many times. I wish Huckabelee would do better. Still think Romney is THE most electable but I like Huckabee best. Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul—what would happen if he got stubborn and ran as an independent? Folks, I don’t think that would be so bad. He could return to being a Libertarian; siphon all the pot-smoking votes from Hillary or whomever; and he could stand as a personified juxtaposition to the Republican nominee.

If anyone knows where I can get Ron Paul posters and where I can send a small cash contribution to push the impish congressman along, let me know

Independent Ron Paul for President!

The story: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071003/D8S227LO0.html

2 comments:

Dee said...

Ron Paul is so bizarro its hard to know what to think. Whenever I see a yard sign or a bumpersticker I just have to shake my head.

Its hard to know who exactly he would take votes away from. I think to be honest he would take away votes from both sides. On the other hand Ron Paul supporters are most likely the kind of people who would just sit out the election rather than vote for the main 2 so I'm not sure it makes much of a difference.

David Schantz said...

I think you'll find a Donate Today link here, http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ .

Dee, If being "bizarro" means supporting the United States Constitution I am too.(IMO) Rep. Paul is the only one of our elected officials that gives the Constitution any thought before casting his vote.

Interesting site Chip, I'll be back.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.